Holidays for students are marked with *.
Tentative start date for the Fall 2022 semester: Aug. 22, 2022
Academic Continuity Plan
Emergency Days are already built into the Academic Calendar to account for brief campus closures. If the campus closure does not extend beyond the number of allocated emergency days, no rescheduling will be necessary. In the event that Kankakee Community College experiences an emergency which necessitates closure of campus and extended cancellation of classes, the College will respond in one or more of the following ways:
- Faculty will be directed to use the LMS for missed work during days closed.
- Classes which cannot be facilitated in an online format may be rescheduled at a different campus location. Current campus locations include Riverfront Campus, South Extension Center, Manufacturing and Industrial Technology Center, and North Extension Center
- The final exam week may be condensed or cancelled to allow all classes to meet that week on a regular schedule.
- It may be necessary to use weekends particularly in programs with a required number of contact hours or clinicals.
- In a prolonged college shut down, the administration will work with local entities if necessary to find alternate locations to convene classes.